lundi 11 février 2008

Sweet November (the re-cap)

It's been a long ride, getting from unsettled to quasi-settled over the past few months, and hence, my writing (blogging? ugh, I hate that non-word) has gone to the wayside. I feel that I apologise in every new entry. Hopefully, though, this will be the last apology for a long while, since I have committed myself, at long last, to the winter wrap-up. November, a month long forgotten from the annals of 2007 movie-viewing, is now remembered.

The month started quick, as I was caught up in the rush of job interviews. Sadly, I was poor and confused in my new playspace of quasi-adulthood, but happily I found the time to visit a fine art museum--we'll call it "WorkMuseum," since it's across the street from my work--that showed an advance screening of the Cohen Brothers' latest wonder, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.
Plot: A killer Texas can't catch.
Thought: Javier Bardem, you so creepy!
4.5 out of 5 - that's right.
Best line (delivered by Javier Bardem as Anton): "You've been putting it up your whole life; you just didn't know it." STELLAR!

After a movie as serious as NO COUNTRY, I obviously needed a break. What better way to break it than by seeing something frivolous at home...such as ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING? Do you remember this film? There's big hair...florescent tights...there's a sing-a-long in the middle....
Plot: Uh...the title kind of says it all.
Thought: Goofy, unrealistic, and so eighties.
3/5

Apparently, I liked the time trip so much to the 1980s, I had to keep on traveling back. All the way back to LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and Peter O'Toole as a sexpot of a slightly gay general.
Plot: Golden man conquers Middle East.
[Plot 2: And it takes FOUR HOURS. (this movie is way long)]
Thought: Oscar for Peter O'Toole? Oscar? Oscar?
4/5
Best line (delivered by Peter O'Toole as T.E. Lawrence): "All right! I'm extraordinary! What of it?" Man, do I know the feeling!

So you see that? There's November. I saw THREE MOVIES. That's it. And it took me three months to write about them. Sad, just sad. But I'm still saving December for another night. Sorry, it's past my bedtime.

Aucun commentaire: