mardi 2 septembre 2008

THE HOUSE BUNNY

Haha, you're laughing, right? THE HOUSE BUNNY. Like, seriously. But it was cute. I don't mean cute, like "I want to see it again," cute, but cute, like "well...that happened." Some might not call that cute.

The reasons I saw it are twofold: one, I wanted to go to the movies with my mom while I was home for my birthday/Labor Day weekend. It's one of those things we do. Two, I heard an acquaintance of mine from high school had a brief cameo in it! Well, for starters, his cameo was brief, but not *that* brief: his character had lines and a name in the credits and everything. Woot! Go Texas. But that was probably the most fun from the whole movie, for me. That, and the dance number that brings the thing to a rollicking close. Stay for the credits, my friends!

But don't stay for the plot.

HOUSE BUNNY centers around a 27-yr-old Playmate who's kicked out of the mansion--oops, I mean The Mansion--and decides to become a house mother for a failure sorority at a university that looks a lot like (and may very well be) UCLA. She is dumb. Dumber than dumb. Like, some turtles could probably solve a few math problems quicker than her. But I guess the movie is about stereotypes: from the slutty, stupid Playmate (she offers a cop a blow job, people) to the witchy, stuck-up sorority girl to the nerdy, socially awkward virgin to the good-looking but untrustworthy frat boy (go Texas!). I guess it's also about conquering stereotypes, turning them over and redefining them. The popular girls get dissed, the misfit girls get noticed and the dumb slut falls for the smart boy who works in a geriatric facility. I see you, stereotypes. CRUSHED.

Go see it for my friend, who "stars" as TYLER. Go Texas!

plot: Bikinis...bunnies...college...funny.
thought: Blah blah, where's my popcorn?
in five: uh...really? 2/5. Or...1.5/5

HUH: http://www.thehousebunny.com/#/home

2 commentaires:

Ed a dit…

Did you say bikinis and bunnies? haha Your review moved me from a "might see it" to a "probably will see it." I love where your heads at!

In light of your Tyler shout out, I also have a friend from school (USC!! Fight on!) who possibly makes a cameo in the movie: Eve Torres, the WWE diva on Friday Night Smackdown. I know she was one of the bunnies, but not sure if she made the final cut.

Lastly, the most compelling reason I want to see this movie: Emma Stone. She's Lindsay Lohan + Sobriety. Just the kind of gal I'm looking for.

Anonyme a dit…

Emma Stone is def a talent to watch. She's hilarious. Plus new for 2008: sobriety is sexy.