mardi 10 février 2009

Messob Ethiopian Restaurant | dinner

True to my word, I have given Ethiopian food a second chance. And I have to say, apparently, the restaurant I tried the first time around was not the best Ethiopian Restaurant in Little Ethiopia, the street-long, East African culture bubble in central Fire City. Nyala was good, but Messob, my Ethiopian round two, was great.

It was work that brought me there, I must admit. I've always been one to spend money on a new place than go back to one I was only half keen on, so I suggested Messob, and luckily the boss had heard good things. The injera (sourdough-like flappy bread) was fluffier, the spices much more resonant, and we ordered trout...and they brought a whole trout. Like with the head, and I had to slice it. Fun! And delicious.

After Messob, I can say, confidently, that I like Ethiopian food. And I don't mean to fault Nyala too much; I think when I went there, I didn't know what to expect at all, so my palate wasn't ripe for assessment, too confused by curiosity to levy any proper critique. I think Nyala is good; I just think Messob is better. And I definitely hope to go back! Care to join me?

the spot: Messob Ethiopian Restaurant | (323) 938-8827
the thought: 4/5
to try: honey wine! tastes like nectar of the slightly alcoholic gods

use your hands: http://www.messob.com/

Aucun commentaire: