samedi 15 mars 2008

Staight men don't wear Prada: my Feb issue of GQ

Imagine this: a straight man wearing Prada. It's like a gay man wearing Sketchers. It's sweetly intriguing, but otherwise revolting. Not to be done. A straight man sporting Prada is like a straight man donning Dolce & G.

February GQ with Rachel Bilson on the cover = way too many Prada ads. And by "way too many," I mean the first one that's about five pages in. Too many slimly fit obviously viscose-blend cardigans. I'm over you.

Sure, you'll argue, "Is GQ intended for straight men? I mean, really. Really. (pause) No, really."

And you know, suddenly I'll realise...I guess you've got a point. The "Q" on the cover of the month of March is pink, after all.

Five reasons why GQ is still my favorite magazine:
1. There are no waif-like girls selling me their phony slim-down secrets. (I KNOW the recipe for the ultimate slim down, okay? It's a diet of Evian water and Columbian nose candy!)
2. Its writers are very obviously pretentious, left-wing, ex-frat boy alcoholics.
3. The intern who writes Editor-in-Chief Jim Nelson's monthly letter is really witty.
4. The intern who writes the magazine's closer "Open Letter" is also a notch above droll. (Give that kid a RAISE already!)
5. The photo spreads are fabulous. Prada ads and all.

the magazine: http://men.style.com/gq

Aucun commentaire: