mardi 25 novembre 2008

Zankou Chicken | dinner

I know! There's 'chicken' in the title, and I'm vegetarian. But just like the maker of a little booze monkey I know as Captain Pepper, a title doesn't always tell the whole story. There's more than "pepper" in that drink, and there's more than just chicken at Zankou Chicken.

Zankous is a chain of Armenian fast food joints in LA that feeds anyone looking for a taste of the motherland (i.e., the Mediterranean region). I'm usually hankering for something from the region. And really, any place that sells hot, fresh falafel for only sixty cents a ball gets my vote. I spent just over five dollars and still had enough mutabbal (that's eggplant hummous) to take home! But eating there, dwelling on the greatness of fresh pita bread and enjoying good conversation...that was good, too. It was quick and delicious. And that hummous? Mmm, Zankou. You have pleased me.

in five: 3/5 (docked 1/2 point due to ambiance?)

yummy in the tummy: http://www.zankouchicken.com/

Aucun commentaire: