mardi 24 avril 2007

LE PRIX A PAYER

plot : "I'll pay you for sex."
thought : "Doesn't that make them prostitutes ?"

The critics are still saying, "No," to this one. And I understand why. Between all the gratuitous references to the manliness of one of our stars (the rakishly handsome Gerard "I (probably) snacked on steroids as a child" Levin), and the drastic illusions to the ugly side of long-term matrimony--as well as some badly concealed attempts to beg comparison to the Catherine DENEUVE classic BELLE DU JOUR--Alexandra LECIERE's follow up to LES SOEURS FACHEES kind of falls short. But still, I vote yes.

It's a damn good quasi-realistic ride into the pit of financial/midlife crisis with a wonderfully appropriate score composed by Philip EIDEL padding the bumpy ride. I'll even take Levin's muscles. Fun, fun.

Rating : 3 out of 5

Aucun commentaire: