dimanche 21 décembre 2008

I LOVE YOU, MAN

You know what rocks about Fire City? All the advance screenings. I'll take the freeway traffic if it means at the end of the road, there's a movie theatre I don't have to pay to enter. Heck, even if I do have to pay--there's something about seeing a great movie before everyone else. A day before, who cares; a week before, I'm feeling good...but four months before, and I'm feeling downright cocky.

Yeah, that's right, I just saw the upcoming Paul Rudd movie. Yeah, that's right Jon Favreau was both on screen and in the audience. And yeah, that's right: I got free popcorn. It was cold though, if that makes you feel any better. The weather and the popcorn. The screening was a gift from Handy, who had connections, so another friend and I reaped the benefits (we'll call the other friend Fratlet--he sublets a room in a fraternity house).

Anyway, enough with pleasantries; let's cut to it. The movie was great! I LOVE YOU, MAN centers around Paul Rudd's hilariously awkward quest for bromance. After proposing to his girlfriend, Peter Klaven (Rudd) hunts for a best man so his presence at the wedding doesn't embarrass his fiancee or her bevy of girlfriends. With a cast that includes Jason Segel, JK Simmons, Andy Samberg, Rashida Jones ("The Office"), Thomas Lennon ("Reno 911"), Jaime Pressly and yes, Jon Favreau...you've got nothing but goodness to look forward to. I'd place it...between WEDDING CRASHERS and 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN in funniness, nudging upwards towards WEDDING CRASHERS. It's good. Look forward to the goodness. March 2009.

plot: Man seeks man friend now.
thought: Bromance is the new pink.
in five: 4/5

start to love it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155056/

Aucun commentaire: