mercredi 24 décembre 2008

letop5 apologises to: Kathy Bates (and tip's the hat to Kathryn Hahn)

Revolutionary Recognition: Kathy Bates was also in TITANIC.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000870/

My friend TiVo just expressed some displeasure (albeit not on my blog, because he probably doesn't read it) about everyone and their mom hailing TITANIC as the "reunion of Kate and Leo," when in fact it would be more technically accurate to call it "the reunion of Kate and Leo and Kathy Bates." Doesn't sound as sexy, but it's a smidge more accurate.

Kathy Bates is in a lot of movies, and she is a consistently strong actress. Yeah, Bates was in TITANIC. She was also in REVOLUTIONARY ROAD. But in my REV ROAD write-up, I didn't even mention her once.

I'm sorry, Kathy.

In fact, you know who else was great in REVOLUTIONARY ROAD? Kathryn Hahn. To me, Hahn was the most believable character--and actor--in the whole film. I really liked her portrayal as the Wheeler couple's neighbor and Kate Winslet's character's supposed best friend. She was fantastic, and I never said a word.

So tip of the hat to you, too, Kat. Loved you in ANCHORMAN.

Did you know that according to IMDB, Kathryn Hahn has never been nominated for anything? Sometimes show business ain't fair.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

this is too funny. i love kathy bates...have no idea who this kat woman is.