lundi 23 mars 2009

I (still) LOVE YOU, MAN

Saw it again yesterday, because frankly, I wanted to pay for it. Well, actually, I had wanted to sneak in to see it, but it was playing on a different floor than DUPLICITY, so lack of mobility forced my friends and I to act honestly. To convince myself the spending was worth it, I did then sort of operate with the delusional idea that my meager ticket sale--much like my one vote in the primaries--would help boost the film, and you know what? Democracy is not dead. I LOVE YOU, MAN finished second, and that ain't too bad. A mere $6 million behind Nicolas Cage. Wait, what is "mere" about $6 million?

Okay, well it was a crowded weekend, so you have to forgive the film that. But having seen it again, I will say that my initial impressions still ring true. It is a funny, funny movie, for all its sweet awkwardness and overflow of bromanticisim. Also, having had a friend who worked on it, I enjoyed catching her name in the credits!

If you were wondering, then, wonder no more: I LOVE YOU, MAN is "laugh-out loud funny!" and gets "two thumbs up!" and will have you saying "Paul Rudd is hilarious!" So go see it.

(And yes, if I were an actual movie critic, I would talk in movie quotes alllll the time.)

Get thee to the cinema, bro: MovieTickets.com

Aucun commentaire: