mardi 6 mai 2008

two in the pink: Cinco de Mayo at Pink Taco

It's a bit of a lie; I spent quatro de mayo at PINK TACO, but well, I had plans on Monday. And Pink Taco, though trying so hard for glitterati, Mexican kitsch--or perhaps because it's trying so hard--is a spot you can go through life missing out on.

The place was geared up for a festive Cinco weekend, and we caught it at its height--next to empty at about 6pm on a Sunday. Sure, we still had to wait ten minutes for a table, and yeah, our waitress forgot to bring our drinks until we asked, and yes, our chip bowl was only filled once--and I had to ask the manager before that happened--but the margs were good. And at the lucky-for-me Cinco price of $8, they were WAY good. I recommend the Pink Margarita (HA, if you're a GIRL!), but for that one, go easy on the salt.

Food-wise, we stuck it straight and just had two plates of nachos. As my friend put it, "That's the only thing I really want to trust to them." Are we Mexi-snobs? Apparently. I don't eat at Taco Bell either.

IN FIVE: 2.5/5 (OKAY, 2.5 in the pink. And for no real reason, just that I prefer waitresses that aren't named "Dior" and who don't wear gold, midget-sized bangles. And also because I prefer EL CHOLO)

THE SPOT: http://www.pinktaco.com/

Aucun commentaire: