samedi 21 juillet 2007

HARRY POTTER V

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.fr/site/index.html
plot : Young Potter grows a pair.
thought : Guess I'll forgive your horse-humping.

As the fifth installement in the Harry Potter film franchise, HARRY POTTER ET L'ORDRE DU PHENIX (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, non ?) does not disappoint. The action is still building, the story surging forward, becoming darker, as promised, and hence, much more interesting. The biggest change--and a change for the better, I'd say--came from Harry.

In the first Potter film, I really found young Harry quite charming. Cute. Had that little scratch on his little forehead. Winced a lot. But every film since then, he has bored and annoyed me. I think I might be an isolated case, but I've consistently found the supporting cast of each Potter movie more engaging than its principal hero. Harry's mopey attitude made me think Daniel RADCLIFFE was feeling mopey about the contract he signed. But hark and lo and never say never : Phoenix's Harry has changed. Maybe it's just that Radcliffe has rediscovered the character. But perhaps it had something to do with is brief stint on the London stage earlier this year appearing in EQUUS when he humped that horse.

Phoenix's Harry has depth ; he's becoming a man. The film is dark and deals with some subject matter that, frankly, I'm not sure I'd want the original eight-year old Potter crowd to be watching--but this Harry can handle it, and he does. Without feeling too much like a financially-bloated commercial for the upcoming sequel (like a certain PIRATES movie that may or may not have come out summer '06), ORDER OF THE PHOENIX will leave you excited to see the continuation of what is becoming an epic fantasy adventure. And if you know how to read, you already know what happens next ! Lucky.

Overall rating : 4/5

Aucun commentaire: