dimanche 3 août 2008

MAMMA MIA

Oh, how I hated this movie. It has out-sold HAIRSPRAY, making it the #1 box-office selling musical of all time, and...I don't get it. I think the people who like this movie are the same people who would have called MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING the best comedy of all time. I just have a feeling. Are critics really "raving"? Something tells me, despite my age and gender, I somehow rank outside of MAMMA's target demo. I've never seen the stage show, so maybe that's it....I just don't know.

I probably wouldn't have gone to see it, I'll admit, if not for the free ticket I got from The Arclight Hollywood when some fool pulled the fire alarm about five minutes into the BATMAN screening a few nights before. I'm glad I saw it for free, because in my opinion, the singing was bad, the directing was bad, the cinematography was bad, Pierce Brosnan was...omg, so bad, and except for the ABBA music, and I guess, Meryl Streep, I could barely stand it. Bad. I'm done.

the plot: "Loose woman marries off daughter."
the thought: "You used to be James Bond...." (followed by a choking sob)
in five: 2/5
don't do it: http://www.mammamiamovie.com/

Aucun commentaire: